Steam Showers in Newark, New Jersey - 7 yrs customer and still happy

Have an Arial whirlpool tub and a corner steam shower for 7 years now and so far so good. Granted thats its time to replace the little wheels on the shower doors and do need to fix up the bench support paint that has peeled but i blame the hard water for that.

We added a water filter to our apartment and that did seem to help.

Also both were professionally installed and we are extremely careful with the bath products we use and the cleanning products are all natural. Planning to remodel 2 bathrooms and looking forward to add Ariel showers & tubs to new home.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ariel Bath Bathtub.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Steam Showers - Owner of Ariel Steam Shower

We have had nothing but problems with Steam Showers Inc.'s product, the Ariel steam shower. Over half of the shower's parts have had to be replaced within 2 years.

Moreover, the actual steam unit died after only 3 years. Finally, the glass shower back wall shattered into a million pieces one day hours after its last use. Customer Service is a JOKE. We are under warranty and they will not budge.

Our shower is unusable and we are completely frustrated.

We filed a complaint with BBB and are at a standstill until the company rights their wrongs. Unsafe, poorly made, waste of money, the worst customer service.

Comments

Rockford, Illinois, United States #1319442

Just purchased an Ariel steam shower ss803

Had I known how it would arrive (damaged and 3 more weeks for replacement piece )and poor quality of this unit

I would have never purchased it

The steam generator does not work .every plumbing connection was loose, the fiber glass panels are thin and do not line up with pre drilled holes .

Instructions are poor at best.

I also bought a dz972 shower and received no top rails and had to wait for them. Shower was missing plumbing components, I had to wait for them.

I had two glass panels explode in my hands carrying them to install them without any contact with anything else. I have had to get two electronic control panels because they would not work through the glass panel. The plumbing drain had to be modified to increase its ability to flow water because with a half opened water valve position it would cause the base to back up and overflow.

I own a machine shop and have personally received letters of achievement from NASA for work I have done on the Space Station and I will tell you this has been a nightmare for me. It took me almost a year to get all the component to get it installed then the steam generator blew the water level sensor out of the top of it after two uses.

I had to remove the glass panels to get to the steam generator and in the process another glass panel exploded in my hands without coming in contact with anything. This shower has been on of the biggest pieces of sh** I have ever had to deal with and customer support is not much better. I am currently waiting on them to "Find another panel" and call me back because I guess they don't carry inventory on all replacement parts.

It is their intent on making me pay for another panel when I have been told by them after the first time that they knew they had Nickle Sulfate inclusions in some of their glass panels which would cause them to explode sometimes without any reason. Save yourself a nightmare, don't by one.

Hayward, California, United States #706149

I'm waiting for the plumber to arrive right now after my Ariel steam shower sprung a leak for the second time in the three years that its been installed. Both times it's totally flooded my bathroom.

I'm not sure what the problem is this time, but the first time the problem was due to a shoddy part, no doubt made in a third world country (can you say China?). The brass coupling to the water feed split completely in half along the length of the coupling.

When I took it off to replace it, I noted that the bore of the coupling was off center and one side of it (the side that split) was thinner than the other sides. I'm not at all amused by this.

Rocky Mount, Virginia, United States #704888

we got a areil steam shower had it less then a year before the steam generator went out on it and I have spent the last 1 1/2 years trying to get a new one .there is only one place in the states for parts and they never have them and can not tell you when or if they will ever get one for it and its the only one that will work in it. as far as I can see this is just a big piece of s*** that they want to sell but not fix . I would stay as far away from Ariel as possible

These steam shower module companies burst on to the scene several years ago and have consumers believing the products can last. Made in China, they look impressive, but don't hold up.

Unfortunately, you truly get what you pay for.

I feel your pain.

to Tom #1391002

No kidding! Although mine has function well for 4 years, the cokd water valve has all but ceased to function and it apparently has no replacement meaning the valve isnt removeable so the entire handle & valve requires replacement IF there is one to be had & I havent found it yet!

View more comments